Drexan HeatTracer provides the best performing self regulating cable available.
Drexan HeatTracer heating cables are significantly better than the competitions’ cables for the following reasons.
- “Negative Zero” – wattage output tolerances. Drexan’s heaters are -0%/+15%. Compare with others, that add a factor of safety in their designs to account for the negative wattage output tolerance of their products.
- Tightest industry output tolerances. Drexan’s cables have a 15% output tolerance, vs. minimum 20% from the competition.
- Output verified at full-rated power. Every foot of HeatTracer cable is factory tested to verify output at full power. Every foot.
- Longest circuit lengths. HeatTracer cables have industry’s longest circuits due to outstanding process control, ensuring uniform carbon black distribution in the heating matrix, excellent contact of the core to the bus wire, and excellent adhesion of the inner jacket to the core, resulting in uniform heat generation and long circuit lengths.
- Standard shipping lengths – not random. Why do other manufacturers have a minimum allowable shipping length of 100 feet? HeatTracer’s cables are shipped in standard lengths of 500 feet – never less.
- 42-Month standard warranty (10-Year Available). HeatTracer cable is so good, it’s backed up with industry’s longest standard warranty.
Drexan HeatTracer provides energy savings and shorter circuit lengths.
IIn ordinary areas especially, 5-Watt heaters are used extensively for freeze protection. But 5 Watt heaters are often overkill for smaller pipe diameters, and 3 Watt heaters can save customers substantial money for the following reasons:
- Saves customers electrical power due to correctly matching heat produced with heat loss. 5W produces more heat than required for most small pipes, which is lost to the environment. Saving power benefits customers who pay the operating costs.
- Reduces circuit costs by allowing longer circuit lengths per breaker. Each additional branch wiring circuit costs approximately $3,000.00. This benefits the contractor who bids the job and the customer who pays the bill during installation.
- Saves cable cost since 3W is less expensive than 5W. This benefits the contractor who bids the job and the customer who pays the bill during installation.
Increasing thermal insulation thickness often lowers the required cable wattage for pipes 4” and smaller, thereby capturing the above cost savings.
Drexan HeatTracer provides significant advantages during installation with PowerPod™ quick connection systems.
PowerPod™ Significantly lowers the required installation skill level by using insulation displacement technology. Insulation displacement means:
- No Ground-Braid Pig-tailing
- No Stripping of Internal Jacket
- No Stripping of Internal Bus Wires
- No Re-Insulating of Bus Wires
PowerPod’s captive cover screws simplify installation when working in unusual attitudes (e.g. over head). This benefits the installer, who doesn’t have to climb off of the scaffolding to get the dropped item.
PowerPod’s cover can not close unless correctly terminated. PowerPod™ is re-enterable and inspectable, which aids the installer during commissioning and troubleshooting.
PowerPod™ can be installed as a power connection OR as splice OR as a lighted end seal.
PowerPod™ is Class I Division 2 Certified. No other manufacturer has a hazardous area certified quick cable connection system.